The cost of surgery depends on a number of factors given below:1
- Type of surgery - the surgeon will decide the type of surgery best suited for you.
- Surgeon’s fee - this will depend on surgeon’s expertise
- Hospital costs - may include the operating and hospital rooms
- Anesthesiologist's fee
- Surgical assistant's fee
- Device fees
- Consultant fees (if necessary)
- Follow-up procedures (for the gastric band)
Discuss these aspects with your bariatric surgeon and the hospital to get more information.
Disclaimer: Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider.