Some Simple Exercises
Here are some simple exercises that you can do every day at home to lose weight.
Warm-up exercise: Knee lifts1
- Stand tall, bring up one knee to touch the opposite hand. Keep your abs tight and back straight.
- Keep a slight bend in the supporting leg.
- Repeat with the other knee.
- Place your hands beneath your shoulders with your arms fully straight, palms flat and fingers facing forward.
- Lower yourself by bending your elbows out to the sides until your chest is about two inches from the floor.
- Push back up.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands stretched out in front for extra balance.
- Lower yourself by bending your knees until they are nearly at a right angle, with your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Stand with your right leg forward and left leg back.
- Slowly bend the knees, until both legs are nearly at right angles.
- Keeping the weight in your heels, push back up to starting position.
- Lie on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your thighs or behind your ears.
- Slowly curl up towards your knees until your shoulders are about three inches above the floor.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and lower down slowly.
Cool down exercise: Calf Stretch6
- Step your right leg forward, keeping it bent and lean forwards slightly.
- Keep your left leg straight, lower the left heel to the ground.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
Disclaimer: Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider.
1.How to warm up before exercising. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/how-to-warm-up.aspx
2.10-minute bingo wings blaster. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Bingo-wings-blaster.aspx
3.10-minute home cardio workout. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/home-cardio-workout.aspx
4.10-minute legs, bums and tums home workout. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/legs-bums-and-tums-home-workout.aspx
5.10-minute abs workout. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/abs-workout.aspx
6.How to stretch after exercising. [internet] NHS Choices [cited 2015 Dec 09] Available from: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/how-to-stretch.aspx